First and foremost I’d like to thank Mandy of Book Princess Reviews for nominating me for this award. It was a lovely surprise and I’m so grateful. Be sure to check out her blog, linked above.
Now, to the fun stuff (with a brief interlude for the rules):
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion award was created by Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma.
Three Things About Me
- I love orange juice, but dislike eating oranges. I have no idea why this is, but it also means my juice must be pulp free.
- I prefer watching British cooking competitions over American ones because I find them so much nicer. There’s less meaness and spitefulness.
- If there’s one book I’ve read more than any other, it’s probably A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. I usually re-read her books at least once a year, starting with that one.
- What was your least favorite book as a kid? Do you remember?
I really can’t remember there being one that I actively disliked as a child. I think I was just happy to be able to read because there was a time when my parents were a bit restrictive, so I just gobbled up what I could while I could.
2. What is the last song that made you feel something big – sad, happy, etc?
I listen to the Hamilton soundtrack in my car constantly, so the last song that made my happy was “What Did I Miss?”. It’s sung by Thomas Jefferson when he’s coming home from France and getting ready to be Secretary of State.
3. What is your favorite Disney character AND/OR Princess (*please be a Princess ;)*) and why?
My favorite Disney princess is a tie at the moment between Moana and Belle. Belle was long my favorite because of her bookish nature, but after seeing Moana and experiencing her story, I felt like she might edge Belle out a bit. As for my favorite character, Yzma is my favorite. I know she’s a villain, but she’s a hilarious villain that is often forgotten because her movie, The Emperor’s New Groove, isn’t one of the more popular Disney movies.
4. What book types are your guilty pleasure?
Light mystery novels, like the Cat Who books by Lillian Jackson Braun or the Booktown Mystery series by Lorna Barrett.
5. Would you ever run for president/prime minister/leader of your country?
Oh hell no. I live in the US and governing this place would be a mess. It’s mostly babysitting a bunch of other politicians that are too busy bickering among themselves to really care about the people they’re supposed to be representing.
My Questions for the people I TAG:
- What’s the one Disney song you can never get out of your head?
- If you could only gift one book to everyone this coming holiday season, what would it be?
- If you had to choose: Twitter or Facebook?
- What book have you read recently that surprised you by how much you liked/disliked it?
- If you had to choose: would you rather be able to design your favorite books covers OR cast their film adaptation?
Tag…you’re it! If you’re up for it I’d love for you guys to do this tag. I hope my questions are to your satisfaction and that you’ll have a few of your own up your sleeve for whomever you decide to tag.